Although the campaign is specifically tailored for Revolution D100, I believe you can easily adapt it to any D100-based role-playing game.
|my character from the play tests|
Here are three excerpts from the ulule blurb:
"After his defeat at the hand of Oda Nobunaga, the great Daimyō Azai Nagamasa commits seppuku. The only hope for what is left of his retinue is a secret alliance with the Takeda clan, the only one strong enough to oppose Nobunaga. However, Takeda Shingen demands a hostage to guarantee the loyalty of Nagamasa’s former retainers. The hostage must reach the Shinano province without Nobunaga being aware of his presence, but the road passes through Oda territory. A group of brave adventurers must accompany the hostage in his dangerous journey."
The first part of the booklet contains two different methods to generate Japanese characters suitable to the Sengoku Jidai era – including some unusual ones – and specific rules for roleplaying in the period, and in Japanese culture in general: Buddhist schools, the influence of Shintō practices, Japanese martial disciplines and so on. The second part is the adventure itself, in which the player characters take the role of protectors of the hostage at the court of the great Takeda Shingen. The campaign is divided into ten chapters between which the players will have plenty of opportunities to evolve their characters along their preferred path.
Other information about the product:
- Expected size 64 to 80 pages, letter format.
- Standard character generation option based on Background and Occupation.
- Questionnaire-based character generation option which defines your character abilities and history according to the answers you choose.
- Stunts for Japanese swordsmanship and other martial techniques.
- Statistics for Japanese weapons and armour.
- Simple magic powers based on Buddhist meditation techniques.
- Different flavours of Buddhist schools, from highly orthodox Zen to the weird practices of Shugendō, with all shades of esoteric Buddhism in between. Each school provides slightly different magic.
Contribution made! I have had very good experiences with previous works by Paolo Guccione, so I can not miss this.ReplyDelete
How many sessions, in the playtest process, lasted the adventure?
About ten sessions. With two characters, for me, since my monster hunter died, and I had to relace him with a sōhei :-(ReplyDelete
That´s fine. Not the death of your character, but the ten sessions.Delete